I decided to get on the ball and get sewing the corded sun bonnets that the girls will need for --- in August. We have a local shop that sells some heirloom fabrics and I found this pale lavender batiste there. It has 6 cords, then an inch & a half space, then 3 cords, then 3/4" space and then 3 more cords. It took me quite a lot longer to complete than I thought it would. Well, one down, four more to go!
Today I need to take the soutache braid off of Elisabethe's dress and let the hem down. The only one who really needs a new dress is Katie; I'm really thankful for that, I love seeing the girls dressed this way! I've found that Civil War sewing is really addictive. I do far and away more 1860's garments than I do regular dresses so when I go to sew modern clothes, I end up using "outdated" techniques.