Wednesday, November 24, 2010

God's Provision

This isn't actually a Thanksgiving post but rather one that I wanted to write 2 weeks ago, however our computer died, was resurrected, died again and has been hopefully brought back to life again for a while. Never a dull moment. :-) Anyway, I was thinking about being thankful toward God for His provision, not just about material things but for the people He brings into our life. I was considering the marriage relationship, the oneness of a husband and wife and how often I let myself get sidetracked from the mystery that is marriage. A relationship, by the way, that God uses to illustrate His relationship with us, isn't that amazing? But I'll dwell on the things that Mr. G does that irritate me instead of being thankful toward God that He has allowed me to be loved by this wonderful man. Are you thankful to be loved? I'm not always. Shame on me.
I have also been blessed to be the mother of 9 gifts given to me directly by God in order to see Him more clearly. Nine little souls entrusted to me. I am very unworthy, I shouldn't even be trusted to do the laundry let alone be steward to human souls, and yet God has and does. Sometimes I see through the glass darkly and the way seems pretty unglamorous. I feel tonight that I want to encourage everyone to look around them at their families and press it upon your hearts that God placed these people in your life intentionally. It wasn't a fluke or happenstance. And we should be overflowing with thankfulness to God for loving us enough to give us all that we need to grow in godliness. Amen and amen!

7 comments :

  1. I hope you don't mind, but I copied and pasted your second paragraph in an e-mail to numerous friends and family.
    It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen Mrs. G! Something I have been pondering a lot lately as well!!! My family is amazing! Even though we are all sinners and there are so many things I can point out that I have a hard time dealing with with them. I love them and its amazing that my parents show Christ and the Church through their marriage and my parents teach my sister and I Scripture as much as possible. I love my family and that we get to the Word! So many families never study Scripture or pray together and mine does, Praise God Almighty who alone could do that in a family. Praise God for Himself!

    In Christ,
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  3. Something I desperately needed to hear, Mrs. G, and I will take it to heart! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good Morning!
    Just stopping by to wish you and your family a blessed Thanksgiving!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  5. Paris,

    Beautifully said and very timely for me here on Thanksgiving Day. I am a blessed man.

    Our daughter has 2.9 children. Her first two were conceived in-vetro and the third, which is on the way, came as a surprise. She says that she received two miracles and a gift from God. How true.

    We discovered long ago that things were not important, glad to have some, but people are most important in our lives. Even Internet friends!

    It is a blessing knowing you and your family through the written word.

    Blessings,
    Frank and Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful post, Mrs. G - there is indeed so much to be thankful for. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete