Wednesday, July 8, 2015

ch-ch-ch-ch-Changes

     Hey there friends, sorry that I haven't been around much. This spring and summer have been a whirlwind of activity and some days I feel like I haven't had a moment to get my bearings.

     On April 25 our oldest, Aleks, and his beloved, Melissa, made a lifelong commitment before God and their families.


Aleks and his youngest brother, Asa.

       And then....... Aleks & Melissa announced a week or so ago that we're going to be entering a new phase in life. Grandparents. Our girls are over the moon with excitement as are we. March can't come too soon!

11 comments :

  1. Congratulations to you!
    As being new to grandparent-hood (with our 2nd grandchild coming at the end of the year) I can tell you it's a wonderful thing!
    God bless!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ken. It's a wonderful blessing that your family is also multiplying!

      Delete
  2. Congratulations to you & your family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your first grandbaby! And goodness, but Asa looks tall!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Now to decide whether I'll be Grandma or Granny or Nanny or what. :)

      Delete
  4. Wow! I'miss a 12 year old who loves your blog, I've sat up in the wee hours of the morning reading, and I've waited for this post for so long! Congratulations Aleks and Melissa!! And you too, mrs. G!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting, Sage, we're really thrilled too!

      Delete
  5. Small world...I stumbled upon the blog here from Herrick Kimball's blogs sidebar and your son, married my friend's dd. The P family have been good friends for so long. Now I am sorry I missed the wedding...it was on the same day as my only niece's wedding. Congrats on the baby coming and welcome to Grandmahood! We have five so far (our baby is just 16 months old too so there's that. lol.)

    Glad to have found your blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a small world indeed! I'm glad you found your way here. :)

      Delete
    2. Thanks. Me too.
      (I meant we have five grandchildren so far....lol! We have 12 children and our baby is 16 months old.)

      Delete