Tuesday, June 1, 2010

17 years ago on this day......

17 years ago on this day I became the Mother of my first daughter. I really, really wanted 3 things: a little girl, born in May and with a lot of hair. We got our little girl on May 31, named her Katherina Norriel and she had more hair than any other baby that I have ever had. :-) The 17 years have *flown* by and she's no longer little, she has in fact grown into a lovely young woman.


She is now the confident, competent default manager of our home when I'm not here, a good cook and wonderful baker, laundry washing, nose wiping, diaper changing beloved big sister to her 7 younger siblings. She is a lover of Country and Bluegrass music, enjoys Hank Williams and Josh Turner, horses, gardening, canning, writing, photography and stealing all my clothes so that I don't have anything to wear. :-)


Raising children can be a worrisome thing, at least for me as I am a natural worrier. It is a relief to see your children turn out well, not perfect, but striving to walk in the light that they've been given. I am a thankful Mother to be able to see the day when my children love and thank me for the way they were raised, it is a sweet, sweet reward!


I love you Katie!!!

8 comments :

  1. Happy birthday Katie!!! I didn't realize our birthdays were so close together (mine was last week). May you continue to grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord. You are such a wonderful example and encouragement and a beautiful young lady.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Katie!!!! I pray that you may continue to grow into the beautiful woman God has created you to be. God Bless!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a very happy birthday Katie! What a wonderful blessing you are to your Mom! And congrats Mom on a parenting job well done (not that parenting is ever really done)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday Katie! You indeed are a beautiful young woman - and your mom and dad are obviously very proud of you. Congrats to 17 years.

    And Sarah! How did I not know it was your birthday? Gah. Happy belated! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday Katie!!! May you continue to bless your family and may your years ahead be blessed!

    Lots of love,
    Sommer

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy belated birthday, Kate!! I have been really privilaged to be your friend. :)
    Keep growing into a wonderful, Godly young woman!!

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely daughter you have, Mrs. G. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Belated Birthday Katie! It was so nice to meet you at our event this weekend. Mrs. G- Your daughter is one of the most polite, well mannered and sweet girls I have ever encountered working there, I just felt the need to mention that.

    ReplyDelete