Monday, November 10, 2008

Quilted Petticoat

On the sewing front, I completed Abigail's quilted petticoat today. It is brick red on the outside and mustard on the inside. I machine quilted it, which was a first for me, to see if it was feasible to do one for me on the machine. I don't have a walking foot so I don't think I'll do mine that way. My sewing list is shrinking slowly but surely! I want to speak with a certain reader about a fan front gown she made recently, I have some linen that would look well made up this way.



7 comments :

  1. I love the petticoat, it's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the petticoat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mrs. G,

    Do you sew period dresses for your girls other than for the enactment? What style is their day-to-day dress?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Zebu,
    Their everyday dresses are transitioning to 1850-1860's styles. They still have some modern dresses but only until I can get their wardrobe exactly how I'd like it. Our oldest daughter would like her clothes from eras other than just 1860 so we're looking at patterns. The problem is that it isn't just dresses but all of the underpinnings as well, which makes for a lot of sewing

    Paris

    ReplyDelete
  5. What other eras does your oldest daughter like, Paris?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brooke, she's rather drawn to Edwardian skirts and blouses. I was thinking of getting her the Beatrix Potter skirt to try. I think that's a Sense & Sensibility pattern not a Past Patterns one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh..great minds think alike I like that era too. ;)

    Brooke

    ReplyDelete