Monday, December 15, 2008

A sweet story

I have blogged at various times about our oldest son, Aleks, but I've rarely put up pictures of him. He tends to be un-photogenic, like I am, and nobody likes pictures put up when they don't look good so....... lots of stories, no pictures. This past Sunday, during Church, I snapped several pictures and just had to share them with you anyway. Abby likes to sit with Aleks, she really likes to hold his hand and thinks he's just wonderful. He is very gracious about the whole thing (I just love him for it!) Anyhow, here they are, we're singing in the pictures, by the way.Before we were even done singing she fell asleep, isn't that absolutely precious?
Elisabethe (who is almost 5) has stated often that she's going to marry Aleks. When she's in bed she talks to Katie a lot about what her wedding dress will look like, what dances they'll do (he'll bow and she will curtsey) about the cake.......... and on and on. Katie asked her the other night "what if Aleks wants to marry someone else?" and she got a horrified look on her face and said "why would Aleks want to marry somebody else?" ;-) Now, don't misunderstand, Aleks finds all that talk about marrying his 5 year old sister embarrassing, but he'd never hurt her feelings over it. Sometimes, I'm actually tempted to think I've got this parenting thing down pat. But, then I overhear Rebekah singing "Silver bells, silver bells, it's Christmas time in the privy" and I know that I've got a long way to go!

7 comments :

  1. Oh yes, you ARE photogenic! Just look at that picture of you on your profile, silly.

    How beautiful that she thinks so much of her older brother. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet!

    Children big and small are just about as good as it gets in this life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Zebu, that's *why* it's my profile picture, because it's one of the, um, three total pictures that have ever been taken of me that I look good in! We took about 15 pictures that day, *one* came out OK. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Paris,

    I know what you mean. I seldom like myself in pictures either. I need to find a close-up of mine to post for my profile, but it's hard because I'm usually the one with the camera. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute! I loved the political commentary by the way.

    Angela - I hope you and your family feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Y'all are making me feel bad because I like getting my picture even though I always look bad. :D

    ReplyDelete