Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Family Portrait at Zoar




In other family news, we went to Zoar on Saturday to take advantage of the 70+ degree weather where we enjoyed spending some time together hiking on the towpath trail. Zoar is so beautiful, it's one place where I'd actually consider living in town. The above picture was taken on the trail of the 8 oldest: Aleks, Katie, Levi, Micah, Tabitha, Rebekah, Elisabethe, and Abigail. A certain small person, who shall remain nameless, wouldn't behave for the picture. :-)

However, Katie took this picture of Asa the day before. It really shows how cute his lopsided grin is. I love that face! :-)

5 comments :

  1. Thanks for this post.
    I, too, have some wonderful memories of Thanksgivings past.
    But, many not-yet-happened memories are on the horizon. And with my mother turning 80 on Nov. 24 (and being of sound mind), each Thanksgiving becomes even more special!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What wonderful post!!
    I love that picture of all of the children. So sweet.:) Asa's little grin is so precious!

    Fondly,
    Brooke
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the Stories of the Pilgrims on my wishlist! Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays as well. Fantastic picture of all the kids! I hope you had a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your children are simply lovely! I love seeing your daughters in beautiful clothing :)

    I am taking the Thanksgiving books of the shelves also and so enjoying it!

    Blessings,
    Bethany

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know I’ve said it before, Paris, but your family is beautiful!

    I have probably asked this before, but have you ever seen the Duggar family? They have 18 children, and she is pregnant with number 19. They are a God-fearing, home-schooling, debt-free family. I am in awe of them. They dress very modestly, with the girls always in dresses. A very wonderful family and example to all, indeed.

    It looks as if you had a wonderful day. I have been absent in my blogging and blog visiting, and it is great to visit with you once again and to be uplifted by you.

    Blessings to you, my friend.

    ReplyDelete