Friday, February 26, 2010

Work Day


I thought I'd write a little about some of the sewing going on here lately. For Sewing Hour Elisabethe and Abigail are learning their stitches beginning with the running stitch. I start the smallest beginners, they are 4 and 6, by stitching on plastic canvas using yarn and blunt tip needles. They are greatly proud of their newly learned skills, I don't have to pressure or force them at all. I think it's so sweet that they want to be like their Mama and Katie! Tabitha is still working on her tea towels, Rebekah is knitting with the loom and Katie is finishing up the trim on her new grey bodice. I have been working on a corded sunbonnet. It will have 4 sets of 6 cords each with quilting between the sets and is mostly handsewn.

A slightly better shot although you still can't make out the quilting. It's a chain design.





7 comments :

  1. I'm loving the color of the sunbonnet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like a fun coloring book..would love to be entered :-)

    I love that my girls like to sew..now I think my little man wants to as well. Do your boys sew...I can't remember if you have older boys?

    I like your bonnet too :-)

    Lots of love,
    Sommer

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chandra, me too! It's a lovely aqua lawn that I got from fabric.com

    Sommer, I have 3 older boys: 19, 13 & 13 and they only sew toys as gifts for their sisters.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How beautiful. The girls look so enthralled with the sewing. Please add me to the drawing.
    Cricket

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd love to be entered if it's not too late!
    I think its wonderful that your daughters are learning to sew at an early age--wonderful!


    Mia

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd love to be entered in the giveaway! My boys would like that coloring book!

    The cording looks lovely on the sunbonnet. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I'm bummed that I missed the drawing. What a great coloring book! Things like that just take me to a peaceful place within my heart. Thank you for showing us it. :0)

    ReplyDelete