Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Little boy and Big boy have a birthday

Today is Asa's very first birthday! It is so unbelievable that we've had him for a whole year, the time certainly flew by. He isn't walking yet, but gets around very well. He pulls up on everything and is all boy. I don't know if he really is a "boy's boy" or if it's just the difference is more noticible after 4 little girls, but let me attest that boys play different and communicate different than do little girls. It's been such a pleasure having his rough, loud self to love. I suppose now that he's officially a big boy I should try to get him to nurse less and sleep more during the night, he still nurses 3 or 4 times at night, I am beyond sleep deprived!

Tomorrow is Aleks' 20th birthday, I find the whole notion of me having a son that old to be a bit absurd. :-) We will celebrate both birthdays together today since Mr. G and Aleks both work 2nd shift. I know it seems like a cliche' to say "it seems like only yesterday..." but it really does, how could 20 years fly by that swiftly? In some ways I wish that I could just stop the clock right now, right here, with everybody still at home. But it isn't to be, a Mother has so few years to teach and train her babies. I want to cherish every single minute that I have with them.

8 comments :

  1. Happy Birthday to both of your bys!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday dear little (big!) Asa!! And happy birthday Aleks! What a blessing to have so many children. Much love to you all.

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Happy Birthday to your boys - so super sweet. Where does the time go?
    Also, love the pork. There is NOTHING like delicious home grown pork!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday to your boys!!
    I can't believe that Asa is a year old already. It feels like I was just reading your blog about his birth. Babies grow way too fast.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just waneted to let you know that your blog "MAKES MY HEART SING" lindeelou

    ReplyDelete
  6. And a merry birthday to the men in your life!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy birthday boys! I can't believe Asa is a year old already! Have a great celebration!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Many happy returns to both your birthday boys! Asa looks adorable with that watermelon :)

    ReplyDelete