Monday, August 4, 2008

Rebekah's 8th birthday

We celebrated Rebekah's birthday today, though it was actually yesterday the 3rd. We've had her for 8 whole years! We modeled (loosely) her birthday off of Tasha Tudor's book Becky's Birthday.


I sewed her a new dress and pinafore and then Katie hid them until after Rebekah was asleep so that the first thing she saw upon waking was the outfit. When she saw it she smiled and immediately put it on and was very happy, dancing around, laughing...... ;-)


Katie helped her braid her hair and then after breakfast I put the daisy crown that I made her on her head and she opened her presents. She asked for:
  1. new underwear
  2. a singing bird (this is a stuffed songbird that sings its call)
  3. books
  4. a new dress
We got her everything that she wanted plus some sea shells and 3 nesting boxes that I found at Goodwill. I made her cake and decorated it with Chicory flowers.


Then we borrowed a friend's icecream freezer and made peach icecream. I'm no great fan of icecream or desserts in general, but I must say that it was the best icecream I've ever had. All in all a very nice day!

1 comment :

  1. She looks so sweet! The new dress and pinafore are lovely and so is the wreath of flowers in her hair. What a lovely birthday it looks like she had!

    ReplyDelete