Saturday, October 16, 2010

So!

So, today is my birthday, the big four-oh. 40 in the abstract seems, oh I don't know, old, but I don't feel the least bit decrepit. We are "celebrating" by rearranging the living room to try to accommodate the living room furniture and the dining room table. We eat and live in the same room throughout the winter, it's much warmer in here by the stove. :-) We got apples pressed at the community press on Thursday and got 67 gallons of Perry Cider, that's pear cider and apple cider in case you've never experienced the sweet deliciousness that is the combination of these 2 fruits pressed together. It is *so* good! We are trying to get it into half gallon jars before it turns, I don't like nipping cider but the canning is d-r-a-g-g-i-n-g so slowly. Mr. G spent the day trying to fix the hot water tank so that we can enjoy the privilege of hot running water in the house. Our neighbor is giving us 30 laying hens on Monday so we're making shift to have a suitable place for them. I have been sewing and knitting and really want to get a post finished about that aspect of my life, but Autumn is unraveling quickly and there is so much to do before the snow really flies. It's at moments like this when I think that if I really got my act together for once I might not find myself continually swamped. (For those deluded souls that think that I really have my ducks in a row, well, I won't laugh in your face but I will snicker about it). I am the Queen of "fly by the seat of your pants", I like orderliness but it eludes me, though I confess that I don't stalk it very earnestly either. So, for all of you "management" types out there, my hat's off to you. I think it's easy on blogger to read about somebody's life and get a skewed picture of how wonderful or how whatever they are but really, my life is nothing special. I have, like, 4 nifty subjects in my life that are blog worthy. I just don't write about the 96 mundane/crappy/depressing subjects that are part and parcel of my life.

No comments :

Post a Comment